What is SMPP ?
SMPP or Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol is used to send and receive SMS from and to GSM, iDEN, UMTS, CDMA and TDMA mobile phones. SMPP protocol is a level-7 TCP/IP protocol that allows quick delivery of SMS.
Using the SMPP protocol in place of sending messages through a GSM modem has the following benefits:
1. The SMPP protocol is based on TCP/IP, and GSM hardware is not required.
2. Users can send SMS to an easy shortcode, this is not feasible when sending messages to a GSM phone.
3. Gives high throughput, i.e., up to 200 msgs/second.
4. Alphanumeric sender id can be allowed.
Applications in which SMPP can be used:
1. It can be used in sending voicemail alerts to mobile users.
2. Sending SMS alerts to mobile users, for example when a server is down, or to convey students that a particular lesson is cancelled.
3. Information services like sending traffic jam alerts, stock exchanges, or weather news.
4. MMS alerts, when users pay for ringtones and Java applications, the download link can be sent through an MMS notification or WAP Push message.
5. For sending telemetry applications.
Now forget about the complicated handling of Kannel & OpenSMPPBox to manage your SMS Business, just switch to our SMPP Server and focus only on your customers.
Our SMPP Server is the best product developed with SMPP Protocol to manage your overall SMS business, it can work successfully with your current Kannel or any other third party applications based on SMPP 3.4 & 5.0 Version.
Also, no more coding is required. Every option can be managed through a user-friendly control panel even without any in depth technical knowledge.
Connecting to our SMS Gateway through SMPP protocol is a perfect solution for sending larger volumes of SMS with the best performance. Through our SMPP service you can bind your SMPP applications to our SMS gateway with a regular connection and if you have SMPP software, then there is no requirement of any extra development work.
We suggest an SMPP connection for companies that want to enjoy a fast, safe and high-speed gateway for sending a large number of SMS campaigns. SMPP supports messages like Unicode, text, binary and Flash.
We are a leading SMPP service provider in India. We are offering end-to-end mobile data solutions that procure corporate and individuals all over the world. For increasing support to our clients, we also offer value added services like customization and integration.